Pieter Janse van Rensburg
- THED 4th Year Teaching Diploma in Fine Arts (Cum Laude), Pretoria Teacher's Training College
- BA, University of Pretoria
- BA Hons, University of Potchefstroom
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts, Open Window Art Academy
- Diploma in Oil Painting, Technikon Pretoria
- Diploma in Iconography, Anna-Marie Bands
- One Year study at the Ilhami Art Academy of Istanbul
- Specialising in the art of Hikmet Onat, as well as the art of Russian Iconography in Turkey
- Louis Jansen van Vuuren - La Creuzette, France
- Cite des Arts - Paris, France
- Renaisance art
Matriculated at Carolina High School, where he was also greatly influenced by the Everard Group -
in particular, Ruth Everard Haden, whom he befriended at a young age. After he had completed his
academic training, he taught for 25 years in Pretoria, after which he started his own Art School -
The Panorama Art Academy in Pretoria.
Pieter now lives and teaches art in Standerton, Mpumalanga.
Janse van Rensburg specialises in oil on canvas, and also works in pencil, pen & ink, charcoal, pastels, mixed, media and etchings.
`Janse van Rensburg shows an intense love for nature and one feels his real inspiration, when he
tackles his canvas with broad, direct and agressive energy. His brushwork and use of colour suggest
a reflection of the 'Big Bang', which has always great impact on the viewer.
The influence of the individualistic Everards is quite visible in the work of Janse van Rensburg,
although he developed his own, individual style and became known for his bold, fearless application of
colour in his various artistic forms.`
Katinka Kempff (MA Fine Arts)
Art Critic and former curator, Pretoria Art Museum
'Janse van Rensburg is particularly apt in depicting the Landscape, the ever changing sea, as well
as the ageless mountains. He imbues these landscapes with metaphysical meaning and surging emotion,
while simultaniously investigating further aethestic problems of style and expression. His art is
not static, but constantly in a state of flux. Consequently his style develops and matures and he
is now clearly proclaiming a personal, aesthetic credo.'
MA Art Historian (UNISA) and Art Critic
2008 - Pieter Janse van Rensburg was also selected to study at the Cite Des Arts in Paris, by the South African Art Association.
2013 December - Pieter Janse van Rensburg was also selected to study at the Cite Des Arts in Paris, by the South African Art Association.
PRESENTE DES HUILES HAUTES EN COULEURS RAPPELANT LE PAYSAGES D`AFRIQUE OU IL VIT ACTUELLEMENT.
DEPUIS QU`IL A DECOUVERT LA FRANCE, IL MELE LES PAYSAGES DU SUD AVEC LES COULEURS DE L`AFRIQUE, CE QUI DONNE DE LA FORCE ET DU MOUVEMENT A SON TRAVAIL.
IL MELANGE SAVAMMENT, CIEL ET MONTAGNE D`AFRIQUE AVEC LA TERRE DU SUD DE LA FRANCE QU`IL FIXE SUR LA TOILE.
C`EST UNE ERUPTION DE COULEURS FLAMBOYANTES TE UN VOLCAN, IL EST A LA FOIS PEINTRE 'NAIF' ET 'IMPRESSIONNISTE'
L`ART DU TEMPS, 34 Rue Saint Louis en L`ile, 75004, Paris
Pieter Janse van Rensburg's work is honest and pleasing to the viewer. He loves to portray the beauty and complexity of nature in his own style.
His work conveys a spiritual connection with nature.
His subject matter is varried , but landscapes , still lifes and interriors make up the centre
of his artistic interest.
He developed his own unique way of expressing the vast landscapes and is an expert in use of colour. He uses a lavish and provocative palette,
visualising arresting images that vibrate with strong and lively colour. He loves texture and design which is boldly expressed in his art.
Janse van Rensburg also works in different mediums pastels, charcoal, pen and ink, mixed media. His pastels are highly sucessful, attractive
and more abstract.....
LYNETTE TEN KROODEN. M.A. FINE ARTS. LECTURER AND INTERNATIONAL ARTIST.
Janse van Rensburg exhibited widely in South Africa, in solo as well as in various group exhibitions
in Pretoria, Carolina, Graaff-Reinet, Hermanus and Onrus, as well as Internationally in Istanbul,
Ankara, Cairo, Swaziland and Nedbank Pretoria
- Ilhami Gallery in Istanbul
- The SA Art Association in Pretoria
- The Sammy Marks Building in Pretoria
- Various private collections in Paris (France), Pretoria, Carolina, Ermelo, Graaff-Reinet, Hermanus, Onrus and Mbabane, Middelburg, Ladismith, Hermanus
- A dictionary of South African Art
- South African Art News
- The Art Ventilator, A Southern African Magazine for the Arts
- Turk Resminde Insana Bakis